This is how to replace RAM in a PC. It just takes a few simple steps to do this, it is really not that hard. You can trust me since I have an a+ certification in computer hardware and software. I know what I am doing, I am an expert.
1. First of all, you need to shut off your computer. To do this press the power button on the front of the computer after you have shut it down from Start> Shutdown on your start menu.
2. Unplug the power cord from your computer. This is the big black/white/grey plug that plugs into the power supply on the back of your PC.
3. Unplug the rest of the wires from the back of the computer.
4. Find a sturdy flat surface on which to work on.
5. Unscrew all screws from the back of your computer except the power supply screws. You will make a mess if you unscrew the power supply screws.
6. Open your computer up by taking the side panel off, or sliding the cover off. It might be difficult but it will come off if you have taken all the screws out.
5. Now before touching anything inside, it is a good idea to hook up to an anti-static wrist strap. If you dont have an anti-static wrist strap, just touch the side of the computer where it is metal to deshock yourself. Then when you touch the inner components you wont risk damaging any of them.
7. Find the RAM, it should be a 4 inch card sticking out horizontally on the motherboard.
8. Once you find the RAM, find the clips holding it in on either end of the ram, hold your thumb over both ends of the clips and firmly press down on the clips. They should pop the ram out.
9. Remove the RAM.
10. Now that you've removed the ram, the next step is to reinsert some new ram into your ram slots. To do this keep the clips on both sides open, and slide the ram into the slot if it doesnt want to go in you might have it going in backwards so try both ways until you get a good fit. Make sure the ram is not lopsided when its clamped down or it will not work.
Thank you, happy computing!
Welcome to KnowledgeSutra - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!
How To Replace Ram In Your Pc
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users